Guardian Australia (www.theguardian.com/au) launched in May 2013 as part of Guardian News & Media (GNM), publisher of one of the largest English language newspaper websites in the world (www.theguardian.com).
We are seeking an Insights Analyst to join Guardian Australia’s (GA) Commercial Insights team in Sydney.
This data-driven role supports the Commercial Insights Manager in delivering relevant insights and reporting that informs our understanding of GA’s audience behaviour and site performance.
The Insights Analyst will be primarily responsible for delivering dashboards and reports detailing analytics performance of the GA site and related digital products, working closely with GA’s editorial audience teams, and building sales collateral (including market leading case studies, presentations, online content and fact sheets).
This position would suit an enthusiastic, quality focussed, problem solver, in the early stages of their career in analytics. The successful candidate will ideally have prior experience in/exposure to analytics systems such as Adobe Omniture or Google Analytics. Knowledge of research and planning tools (e.g. Roy Morgan, Nielsen Consumer Media View, EMMA) will be desirable.
To apply for this position, please upload your résumé (maximum three pages) plus covering letter as one document. In your covering letter you should outline the following:
- Current salary
- Salary expectations
- Motivation for applying for the role and why you think you are suitable
- Why you are looking to leave or have left your current/past position
Purpose of role
To support the Commercial Insights Manager and work with the Commercial Insights team to deliver the most relevant insights and understanding of audience behaviour and site performance. Also helping to ensure efficient delivery of partnership campaigns and accurate reporting.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Including but not limited to:
- Set up and produce custom partnership campaign analytics reports and deliver in a timely manner
- Deliver regular dashboards & reports detailing analytics performance of the Guardian site and related digital products, working with the editorial audience teams where required
- Support the Commercial Insights Manager in building sales collateral including market-leading case studies, presentations, online content, fact sheets
- Prepare and interpret audience data and information for sales and Guardian Labs briefs, identifying target audiences from briefs and analysing their characteristics, behaviour and media habits
Key contacts and relationships (internal and external)
- Working under guidance from the Commercial Insights Manager to a prioritised list of commercial projects and working with them to ensure quality of data outputs
- Will liaise with internal and external research/analytics vendors, ensuring consistency on research measurement and output
- Collaborating with Guardian Labs and display sales teams
Knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of research/planning tools including Roy Morgan, Nielsen Consumer Media View / Panorama, EMMA or similar
- Knowledge of or exposure to analytics systems eg. Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics
- Ability to translate data, information and factual analysis into collateral
- Previous experience as junior planner, media buyer, research, analyst
- Opportunity to advance in sales, enhance creative skills and/or advanced research skills
Skills and behaviours
- Critical thinking
- Proactive problem solver
- Team player
- Sales ethos; excited to be part of a busy, commercially focused group
- Keen interest in The Guardian brand