Do you look at information and find yourself asking questions, seeing opportunities to apply different techniques and find solutions to unique data and research problems? Ipsos is looking for a data analytics person to join our Custom Analytics team.
As a Custom Analytics Specialist you’ll use different research, statistical, data analysis, mapping and reporting techniques to add insight to data. You’ll integrate different data sources to make the results greater than the sum of the parts.
Your role will include:
- Working with the Research and Data Processing teams to find creative solutions to clients problems
- Running various statistical techniques on data
- Sample selection models
- Data manipulation, cleaning, weighting, imputation
- Data mining and statistical analysis
- Web reporting, portals, dashboards
- Managing databases
- Automation of reporting
- Development of new online interviewing question functionality
- Sourcing and applying new open source, Ipsos, supplier and partner data analysis and reporting techniques
The techniques you’ll apply will include Statistics, Machine learning, Mapping, Imputation, Weighting, Bayes Networks, Choice modelling and many more!
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Programming skills including but not limited to VB/VBA
- Statistical analysis skills in multivariate methods including: segmentation, regression, analysis of variance, factor analysis, conjoint, choice modelling, max diff, experimental design, hypothesis testing, categorical data analysis, survey and test design and mapping.
- Data manipulation and analysis involving working with multiple data sources, interrogating large or small quantities of different data types to establish insights and trends.
- Experience with statistical software programs including R, SPSS, SAS, Sawtooth. Advanced Excel & Microsoft Office.
- Market research and/or project experience
- Problem solving ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to tailor your message to suit a variety of audiences.
Ipsos works with a wide variety of different clients across New Zealand and Australia, including in the financial, service, government and FMCG sectors. You will enjoy being faced with new problems and finding innovative solutions and have that unique combination of creative flair and robust logic. You will be involved in meeting and brainstorming with both external and internal clients. Getting involved in different industry groups including analytical community meetups and online discussion groups, will be something you enjoy.
In return you will get exposure to a variety of different clients, techniques and a global network of professionals. You will work with a supportive group of people in our Auckland and Sydney offices who look for every opportunity to try something new and break out of the traditional market research mould.
If this sounds like the job for you and you have a statistical and/or analytical background we want to talk to you.
NOTE: All applicants must have the right to work in NZ: Citizenship, Permanent Residence, Full Time Work Visa.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and CV.