Permanent full time
- St Kilda Road, Melbourne location
One in three Australians will need blood in their lifetime. At the Australian Red Cross Blood Service, we’re entrusted with collecting, processing and delivering this vital supply. We also provide a range of other services to the healthcare sector related to transplantation and immunogenetics, testing, consulting, education and research.We’re proudly in the business of saving lives. Working within a professional and motivated team, this newly created role will see you responsible for the utilisation of data to discover insights, predict behaviour, and add value to the business through data analysis. Core activities include translating your insights, visualising your results and patterns observed, and developing and embedding solutions.The role requires a high level of creative thinking and the ability to propose innovative ways to view, solve, and validate business problems through an experimental approach. In this role you will be required to design and support the application of advanced analytics including cutting-edge techniques in machine learning, statistics, and data visualisation.
You Will Have
- Relevant tertiary qualification in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong programming skills in analytics packages such as R or Python and in data visualisation packages like Tableau, Power BI or AMES
- Proven skills in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Statistical Modelling, Campaign Analysis
- Demonstrated evidence of excellent problem solving skills and research question solicitation
- Strong data analysis, discovery and preparation skills using SQL
You Will Also Be
- Experienced in the implementation of data analytics and/or evaluation methods for business improvement
- Able to understand business problems and apply advanced analytics techniques to transform them into practical business insights
- An excellent communicator with high level of interpersonal, time management skills and a proven capacity to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- An outstanding team player who contributes new ideas to improve service performance
- Experienced in compilation and development of reports requiring high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
Your Dedication And Hard Work Will Be Rewarded With
- Pride that your work will impact lives for the better
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Genuine career development opportunities
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to participate in relevant National Police, Employment History and/or Professional Membership and Qualification checks and validation of Australian Work Rights, prior to offer of employment at the Blood Service.
The Blood Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.