About the Company:
RACQ Insurance is a leading Queensland general insurer with a history of strong growth and performance. If you are a skilled professional who’d like to make a difference for people and help drive efficiencies, then we have a rare opportunity for you to join our Business Intelligence team located within our Murarrie Offices.
About the department:
The Insurance Business Intelligence department consists of three teams and has numerous responsibilities, including:
- Supporting business units in data driven business decision making and problem solving.
- Proactive exploratory data analysis seeking opportunities and early identification of problem areas.
- Supporting business growth and efficiency initiatives through innovative combined use of data and technology.
- Providing subject matter expertise to corporate projects on insurance data, transformations and analytics.
- Regular operational and performance reporting for Insurance business units.
About the Role:
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join Business Intelligence Group based in our Murarrie technical Office. In this Data Analyst role, you will be tasked with identifying and addressing highly complex business problems by delving deep into our vast, high quality data warehouse. You will provide detail analysis, insights, presenting a variety of models to key business stakeholders.
The Data Analyst role is critical to RACQ Insurance in assisting and driving innovative and quality decision making and process improvements giving RACQ Insurance a competitive advantage. To be successful in this role you will need to draw on your expert data science skills with a particular focus on statistical analysis, data transformation and modelling skills to produce high quality strategic insights for RACQ Insurance group.
We are seeking a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, statistician or mathematician with practical experience in developing predictive models and employing machine learning techniques, who are looking to further develop their data science skills and gain experience in a commercial environment.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Degree/postgraduate qualification in an applicable numerate discipline
- Detailed knowledge of predictive modelling techniques and assessing competing models
- High levels of experience in big data manipulation, formatting, merging and transformation for detailed exploratory analysis and data modelling
- Competent using spreadsheets and quick to learn a variety new software packages
- Excellent Report writing and presentation skills
- Exposure to a wide variety of data modelling with a specific focus on drawing insights
- Proven analytical and conceptual ability to see the hidden links between a variety of data sets. With experience providing managers with new insights and solutions to business problems.
- Advance skills in programming languages such as SAS, Matlab, R, SQL, SAP BO or BW
- Experience in machine learning and strong statistical design skills,
- Ability to develop, run and administer a wide range of models as applicable to different business problems.
To apply, please click ‘Apply Now’ and attach your Resume and covering letter. Applications close Sunday 22nd November 2015. We are actively recruiting this position and the job may be filled prior to closing date. Don’t miss out apply today.