Graduate and Mid-Level Consultants
Work on a variety of projects that are largely statistical, mathematical and data analytical in nature, under the direction and supervision of more experienced Consultants.
The type of work undertaken will include:
- Exploratory data analysis;
- Data manipulation and preparation for analysis;
- Statistical analysis;
- Statistical modelling;
- Survey design and analysis, including sampling;
- Statistical programming in R;
- Writing formal reports of results;
- Project management;
- Consulting with clients from a variety of industries; and
- Contributing to marketing activities (such as assisting in proposal writing).
This is a collaborative, team-oriented role where projects will be worked on both individually and as part of a team and will involve consulting with clients and working together with colleagues and staff. Ongoing on-the-job training and other professional development opportunities will form a part of the role and enable the successful candidate to develop a wide range of statistical skills in a variety of application areas and industries, over their employment at Data Analysis Australia.
1. Applied statistical or mathematical knowledge demonstrated through a good degree (minimum of Honours degree preferred) and practical experience (where appropriate).
2. Demonstrated ability to complete tasks to the required standard within given deadlines and allotted time/budget, including the ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
3. Experience in computing with knowledge of appropriate statistical software (R preferred), or demonstrated ability to learn new statistical software packages. Experience with Microsoft Office software or equivalent, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment to achieve project goals.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and support staff, including the ability to describe mathematical or statistical concepts both verbally and in writing.
6. Complementary skills and experience in any of computing, big data solutions, survey sampling or any other skills relevant to a small business organisation would be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- Covering letter;
- Response to the selection criteria above;
- Academic transcript; and
- Current résumé, including details of eligibility to work in Australia, available starting date and at least two current references/referees.
Applications close at 5pm WST on Wednesday 10th August 2016.