Data Scientists at McLaren Applied Technologies use cutting-edge techniques to solve problems in industries such as healthcare, transport and motorsport. We need engineers who are passionate about technology to join our team and help us derive insight from diverse data sets. Your technical expertise will help us design, develop, test, deploy and present analytical solutions to complex industrial problems, and to advance our internal technical capability. You could be exploring and visualizing a complex data set in MATLAB, Python or R; building a data-driven model using machine learning; or modelling uncertainty in a process using Bayesian techniques.
As part of a career at McLaren Applied Technologies we offer:
- the opportunity to work with interesting, innovative and diverse projects and technologies;
- exposure to technical teams with a wide range of skillsets outside Data Science (e.g. Embedded System and Product Design);
- a supportive and experienced team.
- You will create efficient and reusable prototype analytical solutions.
- You will research existing analysis and modelling techniques and libraries to understand the technical landscape and reduce development time.
- You will improve quality and processes through team activities such as project estimation, retrospectives and code reviews.
- You will interface with software engineers to help create scalable and robust implementations.
What you’ll need:
- You will be on course for a First class or upper 2nd in a BSc degree in a highly-numerate discipline;
- Have experience in solving complex data-driven problems using programming tools (e.g. MATLAB, Python, R).
- Have demonstrable evidence of interest in a field of Data Science.
- You will have undertaken an industrial placement year and/or summer placement/internship;
- You are equally capable of working independently or collaborating with colleagues;
- A strong desire for continuous learning;
- You learn, act and reflect, rising to every challenge, striving for success.
The following is desirable:
- Demonstrable experience of writing clean, maintainable code.
- Work experience that is relevant to the role.
- Postgraduate qualification in a numerate discipline.