Sports Modeller: Trading Solutions
- Opportunity to connect statistical expertise with personal passion
- Range of exciting projects to apply statistical techniques
- Technical and business engagement
At Sportsbet the Sports Modellers play a central role in creating and developing unique and sustainable intellectual property to support the development of our product.
Reporting to the Senior Sports Modeller in the Trading Solutions team, the position will help drive racing and sport product development within the risk and trading function. The role involves production of leading edge sports/racing models which combine with technology to generate a distinctive and market leading product offering for Sportsbet.
- Production of working statistical models to produce pre-match and in-running pricing models to support the trading of sporting and racing events
- Working with traders and senior modellers, manage the model acceptance process from beta release to final accepted model
- Investigation and provision of solutions to model pricing issues raised by stakeholders
- Work with technical teams, senior modellers and business analysts to generate technical requirement documents for the production of enterprise level software
- Facilitate and support the development and analysis required of derivative uses of models
- Clear communication of project progress and quality of models produced
- Ad-hoc model development / provision of input into non-sports modelling functions
- Customer/Bet Flows modeling
- Documenting models generated to facilitate maintenance and further development by other team members
- Validate and improve existing sports models and other analytic processes
- Ensuring development of integral data capture tools in production models to facilitate next generation models
- Collaboration and coordinating with the Trading Solutions Development team and Analytics teams
To be considered for this position you will require the following personal and technical attributes
- Willingness to understand business products and market
- Initiative – be prepared to be innovative in tackling problems and suggesting solutions and refinements
- Previous experience in predictive modelling required
- Tool agnostic – whether your experience is in Markov chain models in Matlab, or generalized linear models in Python, the key requirement is your ability to solve problems using appropriate modelling techniques
- Experience working with, or willingness to develop abilities in, C# and SQL
- A strong understanding of predictive modelling techniques with a genuine interest to connect technical skills with our business.
- Degree with Honours in a numerate discipline (i.e. Finance, Engineering, Physics etc.)
- Education in Maths / Applied Maths / Statistics a distinct advantage
At Sportsbet we are committed to making Sports Betting a fun and entertaining experience while protecting those with potential gambling problems. We offer people tools to help them assess their gambling habits, manage their betting activity, and provide access to problem gambling help services . For more information about how we are aiming to lead the way in responsible gaming visit our website.