Statistician – Technical Services / Manufacturing Sciences
By making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
Lilly unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
For more than 138 years Lilly has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site in Kinsale, we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
The successful candidate will provide statistical support to the technical operations and laboratory functions on the site. The incumbent will be part of a highly diverse, multifunctional team and is expected to partner with Technical Services scientists, Quality Control, Engineering and Operations in delivering commercialization projects and technical agendas. He/she must have the interpersonal and communication skills required to work effectively with a broad spectrum of people and key stakeholders.
Key tasks and responsibilities within the role include the following –
- Development of statistical tools, including Statistical Process Control (SPC), to allow for appropriate trending of manufacturing and stability data that allows data-driven decisions and assessment of process capability.
- Analysis of laboratory and operations data to determine process trends and provide appropriate conclusions based on data.
- Assist with Design of Experiments (DoE) including data analysis to support lab studies and assist with development of product control strategies
- Data analysis for plant deviations to determine root cause of process upsets.
- Use appropriate statistical methodologies to assign specifications, validation acceptance criteria, tech transfer criteria, material sampling criteria, comparability assessments and analysis of batch data for summary reports and product reviews.
- Provide training and mentoring to technical staff to strengthen capabilities in statistical methods and data-based decision making.
- Develops/ implements novel statistical methodologies and tools that can be used to more effectively analysis large data sets and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
Basic Qualifications Educational Requirements:
Minimally a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline is required. Candidates with a higher level degree (MSc/ PhD) will also be considered.
0-2 years experience / knowledge of pharma / biopharma manufacturing science and/or engineering considered highly advantageous
Additional Skills/Preferences Personal Considerations:
- Demonstrated excellent technical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.