A statistician, with experience using SAS, is required for a statistical consultancy business.
Quantics Biostatistics is looking for an experienced statistician to join our team in central Edinburgh. We provide statistical consultancy in a number of areas including pre-clinical work, bioassay, clinical trials and health technology assessment.
Our staff contribute to a range of interesting projects. Recent examples include:
- Diagnostics: helping to develop diagnostic tool for cancer
- Bioassay: using design of experiments to improve the precision of an assay for a biological drug
- Clinical trials: calculate a sample size for a non-inferiority study in cancer therapy
- Health technology assessment: a network meta-analysis to compare the efficacy of treatments for a rare disease
This position would be ideal for someone who is looking to expand their skills in the life sciences area.
You would be involved in all aspects of the projects including agreeing the scope with the customer, planning and conducting analysis, interpreting the results and preparation of statistical analysis reports.
- MSc or PhD in statistics or mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare high quality statistical reports
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience using SAS within a commercial environment
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to apply statistical principles to novel situations
- Eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions
- Experience with other statistical software, such as R or WinBUGS
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines such as GLP, GCP, GMP, and ISO9001 (Quantics is the only UK statistical consultancy with GLP and ISO9001 quality accreditation).
- Statistical analysis of data
- Preparation of statistical analysis plans and reports
- Communicating results to customers
Working at Quantics
Quantics Biostatistics was established in 2002. We work with clients across the UK and internationally to provide statistical consultancy in the life sciences. Quantics specialises in bioassay and health technology assessment statistics. With clients ranging from small start-ups to major pharmaceutical companies and government agencies such as NICE, we endeavour to provide the best statistical advice.
This is a permanent full-time (37.5 hours per week) or part-time office-based post. Working at Quantics will provide ample opportunity for continuing professional development, including on the job learning and attendance at courses and conferences. Additional benefits of working at Quantics include flexible working hours, 40 days holiday (including statutory days) and pension.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits