Department: Statistics & Data Sciences – Digital R&D
Salary: £32,448 – £43,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday, up to 15% bonus, BUPA Healthcare, Pension and much more…
Location: Colworth or Port Sunlight
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are a leading multinational Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company, with extensive R&D facilities. We have a Global Statistics & Data Sciences team. The team delivers statistical and data management expertise to innovation projects in R&D. The scope includes lab experiments, pilot plant trials, consumer testing and human intervention studies. Our focus lies in the design and planning of experiments, in the analyses of experimental data, and in the interpretation and exploitation of outcomes together with the project team. The products and brands we support are across Unilever’s categories in Foods, Refreshment, Home and Personal Care.
• Engagement and collaboration with globally deployed, multi-disciplinary teams to design and implement efficient, well-focused, statistically fit-for-purpose research studies. Teams may include clinicians, measurement scientists, bio-scientists, product formulators, claims experts, and other statisticians, both internal in Unilever and external at CROs.
• Responsibility for the development, implementation and reporting of all statistical components of clinical and consumer studies in related benefit areas.
• Provision of statistical expertise to trained panel and consumer studies, investigating key attributes and product preferences. Provision of support in the planning phase of studies and assessment of how consumer perceptions match with product development objectives through analyses of data.
• Responsibility for the statistical quality and defensibility of statistical analyses and data interpretation.
• Technical depth, operational breadth and demonstrated fluency in applying biostatistics/statistics methods in scientific research.
• Hands-on technical expertise in data visualization to understand patterns and issues in data arising from clinical/consumer studies.
• Experience in the area of Consumer and Sensory research is desirable
• Strong technical background in multivariate statistical methods e.g. PCA, PLS and machine learning methods and designing simulations (knowledge of Bayesian Methods a plus).
• Advanced IT skills in particular working knowledge of mainstream statistical packages such as SAS, R and JMP.
• Knowledge of product development processes.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate and consult effectively in global teams across time-zones and cultures
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate should possess a post graduate degree in Applied Statistics (or equivalent), with at least three years’ practical working experience in applying statistics. He/she should have a strong academic background, have an interest in applied statistical problems, and strong written and oral communication skills.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP BEHAVIOURS
- Bias for action
- Accountability and Responsibility
- Consumer and Customer focus
- Building Talent & Teams
- Growth Mindset
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow – making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
HOW TO APPLY
Hear more stories from our Unilever Makers and understand how you can start your own Unilever career at: http://www.unilever.co.uk/careers-jobs/professionals/ .
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role.
Candidates who have applied online can track their application through the candidate tracking link or, if you have any additional queries, you may contact the Recruitment hotline number on 0800 0284390.