|Job Title:||Technical Manager/Analyst|
|Division:||Pricing and Hospital Costing|
|Branch:||Activity Based Funding|
|Job Type:||Ongoing, Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time|
|Salary:||$70,908 – $111,253|
|Location:||Sydney – NSW|
|Classification:||APS Level 5, APS Level 6, Executive Level 1|
|Agency Employment Act:||PS Act 1999|
These positions contributes to the development of the ABF National Cost and Pricing Models in accordance with the IHPA Pricing Framework. The position may also assess the NHCDC data quality and support its development as a world class resource of patient level cost information. This may include:
– Providing input to the development of the ABF National Cost and Pricing Models and/or provide technical support to assess the NHCDC data quality and data submission process;
– Providing specialist advice to various IHPA working groups, managing relationships and working with stakeholders on technical issues.
– Undertaking comprehensive data analysis within a hospital activity and cost environment;
– Preparing analytic working papers and technical documentation to communicate technical issues to key stakeholders;
– Supporting the Executive in explaining the ABF results and other technical issues to external stakeholders.
Exact duties and classification would be determined based on individual candidates skills and experience inline with the Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) Work Level Standards.
The successful candidate will have:
– Experience in statistical analysis and model development. High attention to detail;
– Strong technical and analytical skills. Experience using SAS, SQL or Microsoft Excel is desirable;
– Capacity to conduct sound analyses in an environment dominated by policy and stakeholder constraints. Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to analysis and deliver results accordingly;
– Demonstrated experience in contributing to high performing multi-disciplinary team;
– Critical thinking skills, including the ability to assess the quality and applicability of complex analysis and modelling;
– Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information that is appropriate for a range of audiences.
Qualifications in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Studies or another quantitative field will be an advantage.
– To be eligible for this position you must be an Australian Citizen at the closing date of application.
– The successful applicants would be required to satisfy police and medical checks.
– Applications close 11:30PM AEST
– The successful applicant may be selected on application and referee report only
– Applicants should quote reference number 16-IHPA-0001 to assist when making an enquiry.
– Selection criteria must be addressed
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
This recruitment process is being used to fill both ongoing and non-ongoing positions. Non-ongoing positions will be offered on a specified term basis for an initial period of up to 12 months with the possibility of being extended by an additional 24 months (3 year maximum term).
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the position. For more information see:http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.