Senior Modelling Analyst – Fonterra
The Business Unit
Sales & Operations Planning is accountable for making the most valuable choices for every drop of our milk and makes valuable decisions based on growth opportunities, scenarios, risk management and project delivery. Aligned with this is the continued focus to drive optimisation excellence and globally benchmarked process maturity.
Reporting to the Commercial Intelligence Manager, this role is responsible for designing, building and implementing statistical models. These models will provide critical inputs into major tactical and strategic business decisions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and implement a data management and statistical modelling process that meets the needs for a range of business outcomes
- Use of existing and development of new analytical models to support supply / demand / inventory / pricing insights
- Design and implement a system that merges, cleans and manages core internal and external data sources
- Competitor analysis and interpretation of market intelligence and dynamics into actionable trading insights
- Design and implement best-practice statistical techniques to improve forecast accuracy, traceability and reproducibility of results
- Familiarity with supply and demand, and future state, modelling
- Design and implement modelling approaches that merge statistical models with other models and expert opinions to create a robust master forecast
- Design and build visualisations of results for use in internal and external communications
- Design and build user-friendly tools for non-experts to use
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need time series and database modelling expertise, and the ability to transform theory into practice. Proficiency in using SQL and R, and ideally other modelling languages is desirable along with your ability to evaluate the best techniques to suit a modelling requirement, think creatively, and to merge different approaches where necessary.
Your comfort with ambiguity and high expectations partnered with well-developed communication and relation building skills will enable you the ability to translate business requirements into analytical designs as well as analytical outputs into business recommendations.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A tertiary qualification (ideally at Masters level) in statistics, analytics or data science
- Time series modelling experience
- Proven experience in a commercial environment
- Database modelling training
- A strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
This is a fantastic opportunity to drive value to the organisation through deep analytical expertise. If you consider yourself an expert data scientist with a drive for results, then this role could be the platform for your future success.